THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Girls Trip!

The girls and I took a surprise trip a little over a week ago. My mom's family took a girls trip to Branson and we decided to join them. We kept it a secret for 3 months! Mom found out only a couple of days before the trip. We flew into OKC on a Friday morning to meet up with everyone and then we traveled to Branson all together. Road tripping with 16 women can be an experience! We had such a great time and it was well worth it to have moments such as this.

And This...

And this....


God is doing some amazing things in my sister's life. I'm so glad he gave us this weekend to enjoy each other and start a new reconciliation. I'm excited about what is in store!

We did so much in the little amount of time we were there. We saw the Sight & Sound musical of Noah. It was great and the kids loved all the animals. We also went to Silver Dollar City!
Riding the train.Samara had so much fun playing in the kids water area. She was totally soaked. The expressions on her face everytime she would get sprayed with water was priceless.




We also stayed up late, ate lots of food, and spent time together. I got to see my grandma, my aunt Deanna from Colorado and several of my mom's cousins. Lyric was so excited to see Jessie! Jessie babysat for us when we lived in Mustang. Dalton and Lyric both love their Jessie.

We also took an old time photograph as a group. It was lots of fun to dress up. Both Lyric and Samara were prancing and twirling around in their dresses with the big hoops! Samara especially loved it when she found out she could hide under our dresses.


Look at that Lyric posing! She is a character. Kuper had had enough and crashed while waiting for the picture.

On Sunday we traveled back to OKC. The girls and I stayed with Tanner, Amanda, and Ava. Wish we had more time to visit with them. Ava and Samara played so well together. My dad and Cindy even came by to visit as they were in OKC celebrating their 3rd Anniversary! Monday morning we were able to visit Dustin's Aunt Tammy. She took us to the airport for our flight home. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family that always helps us. Love them so much!

One last sweet visit was waiting for us at the airport. Winnie was traveling back from China and she met us at our gate as she was leaving the airport. Shame on her for making me almost cry! I miss her so much and can't even explain what her and Keith mean to Dustin and I.

So that was our whirlwind of a trip. I'm so proud of Samara and Lyric. They were totally out of their routines, we traveled so much by plane and car, and we stayed up late every night but they were so well behaved! I love my girls! Can't wait until our next girls trip!

If you are wondering about the boys...well according to Dalton they were so glad us girls were gone because they got to stay up late, sleep in, eat whatever they wanted, and watch movies. I'm sure they also played video games and other "guy" things! They didn't seem to miss us too much!

0 comments: