THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 21, 2010

30

So I hit the big 30 during the month of January. I was not really that excited about turning 30 but since then I have already learned to appreciate being in my 30's! As they say with age comes wisdom! So hopefully I'm getting a little bit wiser!





I was blessed to have my mom, Richard, and nephew Kuper visit for my birthday. We really enjoyed spending time together. We didn't do any sightseeing as they have done most of that already. We did however go to the mall on the day of my birthday. We took the kids to Robot Galaxy where Dalton built a robot and to Build A Bear Workshop where Lyric built a Hello Kitty and Kuper and Samara both built puppies. We also took the kids to see the new Chipmunk movie. They loved it! We did some shopping and after a long day we met with several friends at the Fire and Ice Grill for dinner. Oh I almost forgot my husband showered me with gifts as well. I received a beautiful bouquet of roses before leaving the house that morning along with a gift certificate to my favorite hair and nail salon. Dustin also surprised me by having the cutest cake made for our dinner that evening. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

I didn't take hardly any pictures the entire weekend. This is actually the only one I took and I forgot to download the pictures Richard took. So here is Mamaw with 3 of her grandbabies. I don't know where Dalton was. I have learned so much from my mom. She is a great source of strength to me. I love her so much and as I get older and face situations with my own children I am aware more and more of the struggles she faces as a mother and of the sacrifices she has made for me. I hope that I am as good of a mother to my children as she was and is to me. I am so thankful that she was able to be with me on my 30th. There are days when I miss her so much...like today.

0 comments: