THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Break Getaway and More

Here in New York the kids have a February winter break. It is like an early spring break and at the particular school Dustin and the kids are at they have 7 school days off. Before you get jealous let me remind you that school is not out for the year here until the end of June. The break was extended further when school was closed 2 days prior to the break due to a snowstorm. Thankfully about a month ago Dustin and I planned to take the kids on a 3 day getaway at an indoor waterpark upstate New York during the winterbreak. We definitely had cabin fever and could not wait to get away and into a warmer climate even if it was indoors.

So we left on a Sunday and we even took the kids favorite "sitter" with us. We had a fabulous trip. We stayed at the hotel/indoor waterpark almost the entire time. It was perfect because we were able to go to the room and take naps or rest when needed. All the Looney Tunes were there and the kids loved dancing with them at the Valentines party and bedtime stories. Dalton and Lyric definitely love the water. They had a blast and went down every waterslide they could! Samara is much more timid. It amazes me how different her personality is. It took her a long time to warm up to the water and even then she was very cautious. We finally got her to go down the baby slide and I think she enjoyed it. Of course I forgot my camera...so there are no picures. On the last day we played in the water until noon. Then we cleaned up and had lunch and took the kids to an indoor moon bounce place. We let them burn off any extra energy before we headed home. Thankfully they were tired and slept most of the way home because it was snowing again and the drive home was a long one.

I had to return to work the next day and I was tired. But I am so blessed! Every day that week I came home to 3 happy kids and a wonderful husband who finished all our laundry and kept our house clean. He even helped Dalton finish his school project.

Dalton got to go to the Bronx zoo one day with some friends. He said he had lots of fun! I asked him if he was cold but I think he was just glad to be away from the girls!

The kids all had dentist appointments during their break. Dalton did great as usual. Lyric was such a big girl and actually let the dentist clean her teeth for the first time. I think it had to do with the Dora tv she watched while they cleaned her teeth and the ice cream I bribed her with! It was Samara's first dental visit and as expected she didn't like anyone looking at her teeth. But she survived and even told the dentist "Thank you" on our way out. Most important no one had cavities!

Dalton started running a fever this past Sunday. Thankfully he was better by Monday night and was able to go to school today. I think everyone was glad to get back to a normal routine today, especially Dustin. He does not like staying at home a lot but he has been wonderful!

I'm really getting ready for Spring. I noticed yesterday that our days are already getting longer. In the dead of winter here..it can be dark as early as 4:30 in the afternoon. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day and it did not get dark until almost 6:00 p.m. Unfortunately it has been cloudy and rainy since then and we are expecting another snow storm in just a couple of days. We have been watching the Olympics and helping the kids with their Academic Fair projects. Unfortunately Lyric's project requires that we grow a plant from a seed. We haven't seen anything come up yet but we are praying for this plant to grow! Lyric asks me daily if it has grown. I'm not so sure it will!

1 comments:

Winnie said...

Sounds like great fun! I am so glad you are happy! Love you....