THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back to Easter....

We were so tired from our trip and had so much going on Easter Sunday that we told the kids they could color their Easter eggs later in the week. The week after Easter was the kids Spring Break so they had the week off with daddy. They had trips to the park and the zoo planned but little did we know that coloring Easter eggs was about all that would take place that week.

Tuesday night Dustin and I became very ill with the stomach flu that all our friends had the week before. We got no sleep all night long. I tried to tough it up and go to work on Wednesday because I was involved in some training. I did not make it through the entire day and left work early. I ended up fainting on the subway. Not my idea of a great experience. I am thankful that I was not hurt and nothing was stolen. I don't however want to revisit that feeling of knowing I'm about to pass out and not knowing where to go or how to reach anyone. Dustin picked me up from the train station and we both immediately crawled into bed and slept the day away. It's all a blur now but the kids survived. I think Dalton played a part in that! It was one of those days when I definitely wished I was closer to family.

It took us almost a week to feel like normal again. We scrapped any trips to the park or the zoo. We did however let the kids color their Easter eggs that following Saturday. Samara didn't know what to think about it. She really wanted to drink the colored water or eat the eggs. She really didn't like it when she realized the color was all over her hands and she couldn't get it off with a napkin. Yes, she took after me in one way and does not like to be dirty!



Our final products!

0 comments: