THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 31, 2009

God is Faithful

That was the title of the message at church this morning. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I needed to hear the words that were spoken. Once again God began to heal the broken places in my heart. I have let myself believe lies and become bitter over Dalton and Lyric's situation. I even thought to myself on the way to church this morning, "This whole mess was for nothing." I felt angry, hurt, and bitter.


It is amazing how God can know our hearts before we do. The last bible story I read to Dalton and Lyric was the story of Joseph and how his brothers plotted to kill him and ended up selling him as a slave. In the end Joseph was not bitter and loved them despite how they had treated him. This story has stuck with me over the past two days and then today the speaker stated the following, "Don't be bitter, be better. God is faithful to be our comforter."

I am thankful for all my friends and family that prayed for us this weekend. I am thankful that God is with us every step of the way and that He is there to be our comfort. I miss them terribly even though they have only been gone for a day it is the knowing that they will not return and our life will change. It is so strange to always be making plans and caring for 3 and then to suddenly only have 1. The house feels empty and strange. I went back to their bedrooms to finish picking up tonight and they are so empty. I could not help but remember painting and decorating each of their rooms and the many nights we laughed and loved together. I know that as time passes it will not be so hard. I just have to focus on God and today and let Him take care of tomorrow.

Here are a few pics of the kids the morning before they moved.

I don't know what was up with the arm thing! They were being a little silly!
I promise my next post will not be sad and will be about something fun and exciting!

0 comments: