THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 29, 2009

I Will Miss Them

I have dreaded this night for the past 2 years. It is now here and I don't even know what to say. We had a wonderful night at the park. We made sandwiches and cookies to take with us. They had lots of fun and when we got home we all got baths. That was the easy part.

Telling Dalton and Lyric "goodnight" and praying with them for the last time before they move to their mom's house was heartwrenching. In fact I cried. I have not cried or showed any emotion to them about moving until tonight. I could not help it. Actually we all cried and then we prayed. I somehow straightened myself up enough to tell them goodnight on a happy note but the minute I left their rooms the tears started pouring again.

Tomorrow will be hard but it is all the days and weeks that follow without them that I will miss the most. Tonight a friend said to me, "Won't you miss Lyric's laugh?" I will most definitely miss her laugh among other things....
I will miss.....
their smiles
I will miss Lyric's mischievious laugh
I will miss the way Lyric calls me "mommy" and the way Dalton calls me "momma"
I will miss Dalton's sweet hugs
I will miss the way Lyric says to Dustin "me and mommy are the princesses and you and Dalton are the kings"
I will miss the way Lyric tells us a story about her day and it gets larger than life before she is finished
I will miss the way Dalton tries to be just like Dustin
I will miss watching them both dance while we are watching "American Idol" or "Dancing with the Stars"
I will miss the way they love and entertain Samara
I will miss Dalton telling me about his dreams every morning
I will miss playing hair and makeup with Lyric
I will miss all the bedtime stories, prayers, and kisses

I will miss them. They have forever changed my life and will forever hold a special place in my heart. I love you Dalton & Lyric.

0 comments: